Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Size Matters

I feel a rant coming on.  I haven't gotten on my soapbox in a very long time.  I know some of you may not be bothered by this, but it is important to me.

Today I receive several mini-catalogs of women's fashions in the mail.  As I sat down to check them out, I saw that each and every one of them will offer their fashions in plus sizes, but at a price.  They charge an additional $5 for plus size.  THIS IS NOT FAIR.

I'm sure that if I questioned them, their answer would be that plus sizes require more material, even though they charge the same for size 2 as they do for size 14.  Using that line of thinking, they should charge less for petite sizes, they use less material. 

I have, on occasion, made my own clothes and I know that the material requirements to go from XL to 1X do not cost an additional $5.

These companies just wasted their money sending me their catalog.  I REFUSE to pay the additional cost for their clothes.  This is why I purchase most of my clothes from QVC.  They charge the same whether you are a petite 2 or a tall 4X.

There, I feel much better getting this injustice off my chest.

No comments: