Friday, December 27, 2013

Christmas Carols

Today would have been my mother's birthday.  She would have been over 100.  Listening to the Christmas Carols on the TV all week reminded of her 75th birthday.

My brother and I had arranged for a dinner at a very nice, old restaurant on Long Island.  We reserved a room and invited her sister, niece and some old friends.  Of course my brother and I were there with our spouses and our children.

During the course of the evening, some carolers came into our room and offered to sing for us.  They asked if we wanted to hear anything special.  We all thought for a while, then one of her grandchildren (there were four), suggested a new and favorite carol.  We were somewhat embarrassed when we heard the request.  One of the cherubs asked for "Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer".

My mother lead us in a great laugh, then we all sang along.

It was a good party with some good memories.

No comments: