Saturday, September 14, 2013

There Should Be a Warning Label

On airline tickets, that is.

I just spent a wonderful, long weekend with my son and his girlfriend in Seattle.  Everything was great, it didn't rain, the sun shone brightly.

Then I boarded the plane for the five hour or so flight home.  I usually take connecting flights, but this time I went straight from Newark to Seattle.

There was a woman in the row ahead of me who was sniffling, but I didn't pay much attention to her, even when she picked at her meal.  It should have raised a red flag when she was leaving the plane and the flight attendant hoped she'd feel better soon. 

I hadn't thought much about it when I got home until the other day when I woke up with a sore throat and runny nose.  That progressed into much sneezing and coughing which strained my chest muscles and limited my sleep.  I now have a full-fledged cold.  I should add that I rarely get colds.

After a night of waking up every hour or so, I rummaged through my medicine cabinet and found some Nyquil.  I don't remember ever  buying, or even using, it.  I tried it last night.  That stuff is good!  I had the best night's sleep in weeks.  Can't wait to go to bed tonight and have some more.

The government and the airlines won't tell you this, but I will.  Remember, flying can be hazardous to your health if other passengers are sick.  All that time confined in recycled air can spread germs.

I can't wait until I win the lottery and can afford to have a private jet at my disposal.

No comments: