Monday, June 3, 2013

Temperature

Every year there is a mass exodus from the northern states to the southern and southwestern.  It seems most people can't wait to get away from the cold winters.  I'm happiest in the winter when it's cold and snows.

I just saw an article on www.marketwatch.com that listed the 10 Happiest Countries.  I was surprised at this list.  The 10th most happy country was Mexico, no surprise there.  The climate is warm, there are many beaches and resorts.  Then I came to the next country - Finland.  Half of the happiest countries have the reputation of being cold, bordering on frigid.  Some, like Iceland, have cold winters and Denmark has a temperate climate.

I also noticed that the life expectancy in these countries is around 80 years.  Maybe Rhoda was right when she said she moved to Minneapolis because, "It's cold and I may keep better in the cold,"  Maybe I should think of moving to some northern climb.

1 comment:

Home on the Range said...

I am SO glad I'm not the only one that feels that way. I would hate to run around in the winter in shirt sleeves. I like the cold, watching it snow, starting the fire as the ice sparkles on the windows in the morning and the dog comes in shaking show off his ears.