Friday, August 10, 2012

Chick-fil-A

Today I made my first purchase at a local Chick-fil-A.  I've been wanting to visit one of the restaurants since all this condemnation of free speech began, but I couldn't find the time to wander over to the mall where it is located.

The service was very good and very friendly.  It took me a while to order since I'm really not a fast-food fan.  I do enjoy a nice juicy burger, but they don't carry them.  I finally ordered a chicken salad sandwich on wheat bread with a side order of carrot raisen salad (my favorite).  It was good, but I could probably do a better job at home.

I may go back to support the company's policies and their right to speak freely on their beliefs and to support those beliefs. 

Those people supporting a boycott hoping to put this company out of business are not thinking of the many employees who would be out of a job were it not for this company and the future employees if this company were able to expand.

Whatever happened to the right of our citizenry to speak out on their beliefs, to contribute to causes that support those beliefs without fear of retaliation?  Why is it wrong not to follow the crowd?

Now if I could just find an Amway distributor to counter that proposed boycott.

2 comments:

BetteJo said...

I'm so tired of liberal bully tactics. Tolerance only exists if you agree with THEM. Crazy!

Anonymous said...

I do not know about the Amway boycot, but it should not be hard to find a distruber, just call the company. Good products, especially laundry soap.linda