Monday, July 9, 2012

Taxes

I just heard a  bit of the president's speech in which he claimed to have cut taxes for the middle class.  I don't know about that, I haven't seen any tax cut.  I did fine one humorous spot.  When the president claimed to reduce taxes on the middle class there was silence from the audience.  He had to repeat that claim and I guess then the "applause" sign went up.

My one question to the Republicans is this.  When are you going to counter the president's claim that we had a surplus during the Clinton administration?  Yes, we did have a surplus then, but that was also a time of Republican controlled congress and the Contract with America which cut costs, including some entitlement programs.  They MUST put the emphasis on that.

It was during the Bush administration's last two years under a Democraticall controlled congress that our deficit got much higher.

Let's see - Republican congress = deficit reduction, Democrat controlled congress = deficit increase.

Which is better?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That drives me nuts also...the Republicans do not counter the lies of the other side....I don't get it!

ato tax debt said...

Income taxes are filed by all businesses except for partnerships. The income version is a "pay-as-you-go", meaning you pay the IRS as you earn income over the course of the year. The income tax is usually withheld from employees' paychecks. Although if there is not enough being withheld from your paycheck or there is income that is not subject to withholding, you may have to pay the estimated.