Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Telephones

I honestly don't know how my parents managed to get by. We got our first phone when I was about 12 and then we only had one and there were four people in the family. As my brother and I got older, we each got an extension in our rooms.

Now, I'm the only person in the house and I have four phones, two of which are cordless. I don't know how I managed without a cordless phone until 10 or more years ago. I love my cordless phones, but the only problem I have with them is that I usually leave them in the living room instead of putting them in their cradles in other rooms. As a result, the battery is constantly running down.

After all this charging, discharging and recharging, the batteries have gotten very weak. Today I decided to replace them. I was able to get one, but couldn't find the other. The price of the batteries ranged from $14.99 to $17.99.

Right next to the batteries, they sell the telephones. I started looking at them and saw a phone for $39.99. The phone for the battery that I couldn't replace is about 11 years old. I started thinking that for only $22 more I could get a brand new phone, which I did. The stand is nice and small. Then I had a great idea, why not keep the cordless phone in the living room and the larger phone in the guest room. This way, I could charge the phone every night and it takes up less room on my end table.

I don't know why I didn't think of it before.

No comments: