Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Traditions

Happy St. Patrick's Day to all

Well, the corned beef is on the stove and the soda bread is in the oven.  Making it brought me back to when I first got this recipe.   My son was 4 years old and in Nursery School.  On St. Patrick's Day in 1975 he came home with some soda bread and a recipe.  The bread was delicious and I saved the recipe and made it for many years.

I still make that same recipe, but today, I marveled at the patience of those two teachers with a room full of busy 4 and 5 year old boys and girls.  If I remember those teachers, Miss Judy and Miss Ruth, they probably would have let the children be hands on when making the bread.  Oh, the patience they must have had.  I thank them now, many, many years later.

Miss Judy and Miss Ruth, thank you for that delicious recipe and I can't wait until my bread is baked so I can have a piece with some butter and think of you.

No comments: