Tuesday, September 17, 2019

A Shocking Surprise

Tonight I got a shocking surprise.  It wasn't a good or bad surprise, but I was shocked.

A little backstory.  For about the last week and a half, I've been trying to eat healthfully.  For me, that meant no sweets, no fried foods, no wine and smaller portions.  And now I do feel better, more energetic.  I guess I was super good today because after dinner I was still hungry.  I needed a small snack.

I went to my secret stash of cookies in the pantry and checked the calorie counts and there was my surprise.  I had some lemon Oreos, some sugar wafers and Mallomars.  Here're the calorie counts - lemon Oreos have 150 calories in two cookies.  The sugar wafers have 110 calories in three small (about 1/2 inch by about three inches)  and the Mallomars have 120 calories in two cookies.

Who would have thought that those yummy chocolate covered marshmallows and cookie have fewer calories than a lemon cream filled sandwich cookie.  After all those marshmallows are covered in chocolate.  I took two and they were soooo good.

No comments: