Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Sad Times for America

I've been following the news lately.  There is so much going on that I don't know where to begin.  I am most distressed by the current trend allowing late-term abortions.

At first, I was just embarrassed by my former home state, New York, when they celebrated, yes celebrated, the passage of an abortion law that would allow the female who was pregnant to abort, or kill, the child up to delivery.  Then, I heard the governor of Virginia say that his bill would allow a child to be born, made comfortable while the female discussed with her doctor whether or not the child should live before any care was given.

That was bad enough, then this week members of congress, including several 2020 hopefuls, voted  "no" on a bill that would require that medical assistance be given to a child that survived a botched abortion.

All of these instances are infanticide, there is no other word for it.  I have heard several people on the TV lately who have survived abortions because medical personnel had the sense to provide care for those children.

My question is, Who's next?  Can a parent decide when a child is six months old that because their mental health may be at stake if they are forced to raise this child, this child should be "aborted"?  Or, can the government decide that a person's medicare expenses are too high, that person should be eliminated.  Where will it end?

No comments: