Monday, April 16, 2018

Kindness and Old Friends

I just finished perusing my May issue of Woman's Day.  I like to just go through it on the first day, then go back and read the articles and recipes.

This month there was an article, Be Kind Every Day which made me think and sit down and read.  This article gave ideas for each day in May for us to be kind.  Among them were offering to drive a neighbor to an appointment, helping a non-tech savvy friend with their computer, taking a walk and picking up litter, etc.

This article made me think about ways that I can help brighten the day for someone.  It also made me think about a co-worker at AIG, Esther.  Esther would greet me everyday with not just "Good morning", but she also found something to compliment, such as 'Your hair looks great", or "That color looks good on you", etc.  It was always a pleasure to see Esther in the morning.

We kept in touch for a while after I retired, but with all the changes at AIG and my laziness, we lost touch.  I have many good memories of my days at AIG and the friends I made there and still see.  I think I'll try to find and get back in touch with Esther.

No comments: