Thursday, January 2, 2014

Carol Burnett

Tonight I sat down to watch the PBS broadcast of the Mark Twain Award Show for Carol Burnett, but I almost turned it off within the first five minutes.

Tina Fey started the show off with a few "jokes".  These jokes had absolutely nothing to do with Carol Burnett, but they were a chance for Tina Fey to get in a few digs at the Republicans.  I wish someone had told Tina Fey that the night was not about her, but about Carol Burnett.

I stayed tuned and the next few personalities did their little bit, and it was all about Carol, as it should have been.

Carol Burnett is one of the most talented performers.  Her show was always a pleasure to watch.  She was a lady and never political.  I really miss her show.  We need more comedians like that.

Now it's time to get back to the show.

No comments: