Monday, January 29, 2018

Lost and Found

Shortly  before Burn died, I ordered tons of cat food from Amazon.  I thought I'd give the cats a treat and ordered some new flavors.  Well it turns out that Crash doesn't like the new food and I'm wasting a lot of food by using the 6 oz cans.

Today, I went to Petco to buy some smaller cans and a lid for the larger can.  While I was there, I decided to see if Crash was willing to play.  I bought a laser light on a spider on a string attached to a stick.

I paid for everything and carried the bag of food and the toy to the car in the parking lot.  When I got home, the toy was nowhere to be found.  I checked the bag several times, checked the car.  It simply wasn't anywhere.  Reluctantly, I got back in the car and drove about four miles to Petco.  When I got out of the car, I even looked all over the parking lot.  I took a chance and went back into the store.  A young man was at the register and I explained my problem.  I barely got the words out before he picked it up and handed to me.  There was a note attached - "Customer paid for this, it was found in the parking lot."

Evidently someone found it and brought it into the store and they held it for me.  There really are some good people there.  I wish I knew who found it so that I could thank them.  All I can say is - Thank you to all those people who find something and try to return it to the owner.

No comments: