Sunday, September 21, 2008

Race for the Cure

This is the third year that my community has participated in the "Race for the Cure", and the first year that I have participated. Although, last year I attended a brunch and silent auction, does that count?

Obviously I didn't race, or even run. We walked. We had the option of walking either one mile or two miles along a route in the community. I started out planning on walking two miles and I was quite surprised when we came to the one mile breakoff point. I did walk two miles and probably could have done more, but that all that was planned.

Walking is so much easier when you have distractions, whether it's someone to talk to, or something to listen to. Hopefully, as the weather gets cooler I'll do more walking. I really enjoy it.

No comments: